How to Self Publish Your Children’s Book As an App for iPad
Aside from having an awesome story and a terrific iPad kid’s e-book app developer, you may need a few interactive factors with a view to self-post and get your kid’s e-book approved as an app. If not, you will be instructed to post your ebook as an iBook. Besides, the iPad can accomplish that much more in your children’s ebook than just plain text and snapshots. With that in mind, there are some key elements that you will need to paintings on to supply your iPad kid’s ebook developer with a clearer idea of the way you want your iPad kid’s ebook app to seem and function. The steps mentioned below will offer a strong basis so that you can see paintings with an iPad kid’s book app developer to complete your app. You must be able to do quite a piece of the work on your own using a graphics application and PhotoShop, PhotoPaint, etc., a text file editor together with Wordpad or MS Word, and a spreadsheet software consisting of MS Excel.
Every record you create for your iPad kid’s ebook app is vital initially and stays with a terrific report naming shape. For instance, if your app is called “MyApp,” and you’ve got an image of a rabbit on page three, then you may need to name that file something like “MyApp_rabbit_1_page3_xxyyzz.Png”, where xxyyzz is month/day/year. This becomes even greater critical if you have many photographs or many revisions of pics to paintings with. Otherwise, it is very tough for every person involved to make certain they’re operating with the best photograph.
1) Create a textual content document containing the textual content in your story, broken down into sections for every man or woman page of your app. This can also an excellent location to add notes for every web page to assist your iPad children’s ebook developer at some point of improvement. You can select to feature your notes to this newsletter document, or a higher method is to create a separate Excel spreadsheet that info each page on your iPad children’s ebook app.
2) Create a difficult storyboard for every page for your iPad children’s ebook app. These pages could include the startup splash screen, title page, index web page, assist web page, story pages, and so on. Each page must be a rough pencil sketch of the history artwork, characters, items, and text. The cause is to get a hard idea of how the whole lot is going to be in shape on the web page and how the pages will go with the flow collectively. The background pics need to be 1024×768 pixels in size, PNG layout, enough to fill the iPad display screen.
3) Once you have your first storyboard pages finished, pick out factors, characters, and so forth that you’d like to be interactive or lively. These gadgets will want to be drawn as separate images later on the way to animate them. For instance, you can want to contact a ball and have it bounce across the display. To do this, the ball wishes to be drawn as a separate photograph with a transparent background so your iPad kid’s ebook app developer can animate the ball. The traditional document format for those pix is PNG. The dimensions must generally be the dimensions you want on the iPad display screen ( relative to the 1024×768 historical past picture ). Sometimes you may need gadgets created on a larger scale, in case you, as an example, need them to make the object larger while touching it, and many others. Having your iPad kid’s ebook app developer running with you at this stage is right, as they let you pick out the pleasant ways to animate and have interaction together with your iPad children’s e-book app.
4) Once you’ve worked out all of the objects you would like to interact with or animate, now it’s time to complete the color history photographs for every page to your iPad children’s ebook app. This will also help you pick out the color and location of textual content, characters, and different factors that you may use for your iPad kid’s e-book app.
5) Now that your history pics are equipped, it’s time to work at the characters and other objects for your iPad kid’s e-book app. These items are located on the iPad display screen in layers. Consider your background image as layer 1, and then your other gadgets are brought in layers on top of that layer. For example, for a person to sit on a chair and have both lively, the chair and individual would need separate images. The history photo is placed on layer 1, the chair on layer 2, and the character in layer 3. In that manner, the man or woman is within the foreground, and the chair is behind it. You can use as many layers as you need.
6) Now that you have color historical past snapshots, text, characters, and items created, it is time to region this all together into a new set of storyboard pages similar to those in step 2.
7) Once your shade storyboards are geared up, it’s time to start thinking about sounds. You may also need historical past songs, narration, and sound outcomes for positive items for your iPad children’s e-book app. Audio files can substantially grow your app’s scale, so it is fine to preserve sound results to 3 seconds or much less and hold background tune to quick loops to the shop area. The usual document layout for your audio files would be either mp3, caf, or wav.
8) Now it is time to begin running on the icons in your iPad kid’s ebook app. It’s critical to think of your icons as one of the first things human beings see approximately your app. It’s a primary impact and also tells people something about your app. It’s also critical to think of how your icon will appear inside the one-of-a-kind sizes required. For example, as seen on iTunes, your foremost icon is 512×512 pixels, and the icon seen on the iPad important display is 114×114 pixels. These 2 icons want to be identical photographs but with specific scales. There are different sizes required. However, those are the number one icon sizes that you have to recollect in this first skip. Typically you handiest want to give your iPad children’s e-book app developer the 512×512 pixel icon photo, and they’ll create all of the other icons from that image.
To put together your iPad kid’s ebook app for submission, you will additionally want to jot down a description in your app for iTunes and use the 512×512 icon and some of the color storyboard pictures as brief screenshots. It’s also an excellent idea to have a simple website set up to promote your children’s book app for iPad, in addition to a guide email deal wherein customers can attain assistance. I call level 1 of app discovery for your app description, recognition on the first three sentences as considered on an iPad, and primary 2 sentences as regarded on iTunes via a PC. These work out to be the primary 214 characters and are the text that human beings see earlier than they click on something further.
Also, think carefully approximately your app description keywords. These are delivered in a separate line whilst you put together to post your app and are used for App Store search engine marketing to force customers to look at your app within the App Store. A proper look at is to apply an iPhone and iPad tool, search for your key phrases in iTunes, and spot what apps come up. Once you have completed all of the steps above, if you haven’t already, it’s time to herald your iPad children’s ebook app developer to study and paintings on supporting you build and guide you thru the rest of the system of a way to self-put up your children’s ebook app for iPad.