Patents: A Tool for Technological Intelligence
Patents are the most important supply of technological facts. A patent is given to the inventor as praise for its innovation in the form of the special proper of the monopoly for a length of twenty years from the concerned date of the invention. Due to development within the IT zone and internet, now those treasured files are inside most people’s reach. Any person professional within the art can undergo diverse patent databases and, after a search, can get the patent document of their need. There are one-of-a-kind patent databases viz, USPTO, EPO, JPO, and so on freely open for the public to get admission. If we go through the patents associated with a specific technological vicinity, we can locate the lots of information approximately the existence cycle of the technological innovation viz.
- o evolutionary route of a selected era,
- o technological improvement,
- o technological diversification,
- o era merges,
- o main gamers in precise technological location,
- o key factors of the particular technology,
“The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) discovered that ninety% to 95% of all of the world’s innovations could be located in patented documents.” Patent evaluation can be famous very precious pieces of information, which isn’t to be had everywhere. After patent seeks, the vital part is the patent evaluation, and one must be very concise approximately their goal of the examination. The information inside the patent files may be applied in one-of-a-kind form in line with the need and mapped to get the picture of the entire evaluation in snapshots.
Patent statistics can be used for the training of technological landscapes. Logistic arithmetic and circle mathematics may be very beneficial within the plotting of the technological panorama. It can screen the evolutionary trend of an era, how it is evolved from a basic era, and the period of technological diversification and its nature. These maps may also give a unique evaluation of the merging of the exclusive technology to offer rise to interrupt-via technologies. These varieties of maps could be beneficial for the R&D personals to evaluate the location of their research and technology. Additionally, they’ll find the manner to be extra ,innovative extra advanced, and valuable technology.
READ MORE :
- Alternative Financing For Market
- Spy Gadgets for Cell Phones
- History of Educational Technology
- Emerging App Marketing Tools and Trends
- Begin An Internet Empire
Companies need to understand what technology competitors can choke effortlessly in the contemporary worldwide context and can be trying to. They also want to realize the spaces in technology in which competition is extreme and the regions in which competitors are concentrating their IP improvement and their R&D efforts. They need with a purpose to song patent acquisition and development techniques and chart out the aggressive panorama. To compare the era earlier than making any funding choice, companies need to realize the tempo of patenting activity inside the generation, which patents embody essential ideas in the technology and how prone the firm’s technologies are to patent infringements. This will give them an awful lot of wished data in determining between generation improvement and era acquisition.
The potential to extract relevant records from patent literature is an important success aspect for all of us concerned with technological innovation. The era mapping method can be used to convert patent facts into understanding that could affect decision-making. Patents are an important source of technological theories of intelligence that groups can use to advantage strategic benefit. Technology theories of intelligence can be used to collect, analyze, forecast, and cope with outside-era-related facts, including patient information. Computational patent mapping is a technique for developing and alerting a generation knowledgebase for an era and aggressive theories of intelligence. The number one deliverables of patent mapping are in the shape of know-how visualization through landscape and maps. These maps offer precious intelligence on generation evolution/revolution, nature of numerous forms of pioneering; huge; pure; and emerging gamers, cutting-edge assessment, and so on. These styles of technological maps will show to be a precious multiplier in R&D and commercialization activities, in diverse ways together with the subsequent:
- o Developing also insights in response to strategic requirements and coverage method in the organization
- o Forecasting and figuring out technological activities and tendencies in the industry
- o Aiding within the visualization of opportunity improvement and growth paths available to the enterprise
- o Enabling pre-emptive recognition and motion on potential licensing opportunities
- o Identifying potential companions and customers
- o Identify era discontinuities and areas of opportunities for their selected technologies
- o Monitor and compare the technological manner of competitors and potential competition
- o Support decisions on foray and funding into specific technologies and sub-technologies
- o Surveillance of technological development of competitors as well as to alert oneself to new entrants to the sector
- o Spotting of white spaces or possibility regions inside a dense technological area
- o Creative tool to stimulate new thoughts and create new IP
- o Complementing company IP filing strategies
- o Support generation proposals for massive scale national and international degree tasks
- o Support funding and era due diligence on companies
Patent mapping can be a crucial part of IP control. It can find treasured records hidden in patents and might provide beneficial indicators for technical tendencies, market developments, competitors’ modifications, technological profile, and company innovation ability. Patent maps are visible representations of patent facts that have been mined and aggregated or clustered to highlight particular features. There is an excessive diploma of flexibleness in visualization, which may be in time-series or spatial maps. We offer a more marketplace and generation-oriented evaluation of the whole set of patent portfolio belongings via our patent mapping offerings. The patent mapping may check the excellent of patients with admire to winning technology and the quantity to which patents affect the technology. This is a treasured enter into generation sourcing/development and R&D selections. Patent mapping can be indispensable for each company that has a beneath-utilized patent profile and is looking to license/assign it on the maximum favorable terms, in addition to two companies that are looking at growing patent portfolio electricity in a specific technological subject.